Skip to main content

Fast and wiggly

What led to this learning?
I was noticing that learners weren't able to respect other learner's personal bubbles. This learning was introduced to help tactile learners make good decisions for themselves without impacting others.
Summary of learning design:
My learning design introduced movements that the learners can agentically do within the hub when they feel like they need to move or they have an urge to touch someone. Their are a number of different movements big and small that they can choose from on the wall.
Reflection on Learning Design
I introduced quite a few new concepts and movements all at once, on reflection a little too many! Next time I will introduce the concept over consecutive days. We have however, used the visuals and the concept quite often over the last month and the learners know they can go and choose an activity off the board to do when they feel 'fast and wiggly'. Some learners are also actively asking to do a 'fast and wiggly' activity when they are feeling like they need it! It feels like a positive agentic addition to our learners toolkit to help them manage their own emotions.
Curriculum Links
PE
Agentic Capabilities
Self Aware, Using Tools and Strategies

Link to Evidence

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Strategies - Growing Vocabulary

What led to this learning? I noticed learners did not have resources to drive their own learning when developing an understanding of their reading strategies. Summary of learning design: I designed these cards to empower learners to grow their own vocabulary while practising their reading strategies. These can be used for learners to ask each other questions or during intentional workshops with the teacher. Reflection on Learning Design This has grown Literacy language with the learners. I realised that I can not do all the strategies at once. During workshops with a teacher I have been focusing on using one reading strategy with the whole group. Eventually or with learners who already know some of the strategies, you could use more than one strategy card. Curriculum Links Literacy Agentic Capabilities Take Action, Assessment Capable Link to Evidence

Increasing assessment capability in Maths

What led to this learning? Learners not having a genuine awareness of their gaps and next steps Summary of learning design: Learners took test in one specific area of Maths (measurement), Marked their own answers (with support and guidance). Highlighted their gaps. Correlated these gaps with LI across Levels 3 - 5. Created personalised learning progressions. Able to access worksheets etc. which linked to their personal gaps. Able to understand which workshop they needed to attend. Tracked own progress. Reflection on Learning Design If I had used the Agency Tool beforehand (specifically for assessment capability) then that would have been great! Instead gave them a Google Form related to their self-efficacy and passion in (related to my TAI) which saw positive shift. Curriculum Links Numeracy Agentic Capabilities Take Action, Self Aware, Assessment Capable, Using Tools and Strategies Link to Evidence

Using the Agency Survey to Track Shift

What led to this learning? My Numeracy group took the Agency Survey at the beginning of the year. When I reviewed the results I noticed the group was lowest in the area of assessment capability. Summary of learning design: I decided to focus on using the Learning Process to build my learners' ability to use feed back and take action. Some ways of implementation were as follows: ~ SchoolTalk Checkout before leaving workshops or Numeracy for the day. ~ Using teacher created and learner created Success Criteria ~ Shoulder tap and choice workshops through whole hub Numeracy ~ Choice grouping when working on independent learning tasks ~ SchoolTalk Thursdays ~ Students paired up by teachers to receive feedback on what they are uploading onto SchoolTalk Reflection on Learning Design My initial assumptions were inaccurate and somewhat incomplete. I should have looked deeper in to the survey, as well as at more students, possibly even waited a bit longer to get to know my st...